National Institute of Technology, Agartala, NIT Agartala, NITA, Tripura /
Tripura Engineering College
Year of Establishment :
National Institute of Technology, Agartalais also known as NIT Agartala or NITA. The institute was established in 1965 as Tripura Engineering College, previously known as TEC and upgraded to NIT in 2006.
The College was started with courses in three conventional branches of engineering Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. In the beginning it was affiliated to the University of Calcutta and had the same syllabus and examination system as of Bengal Engineering College. Later the college was affiliated to Tripura University. Subsequent to the NIT Act the institute has become an "Institute of National Importance".
It will soon reallocate to a new campus which is under construction. The college has total intake of 2200 students out of which 2000 are pursuing undergraduates & the others are pursuing post graduates.
College Grade / Ranking :
The institute has become an "Institute of National Importance".
Bus facilities are available to the city from the campus. In addition private auto services are also available. College is located in the rural areas of the city Agartala. Best way to reach the campus is to take bus or autos from the old motor stand. Campus is situated 4km away from the National Highway. Nearest railway station of the campus is Jirania railway station.
The Institute is 4 km off National Highway (NH-44) and about 20 km away from capital city.
Courses / Departments :
The institute offers eight undergraduate programs in Engineering of four year duration. Undergraduate programs lead to the B.Tech. degrees. Post graduate M.Tech courses are also being offered. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers a three year degree in Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) course. PhD and post doctorate fellowships are also offered by some departments.
|Branch / Course||Intake||Course Start Year|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|Information Technology & Software Engineering|
|Master Of Business and Administration|
|School of Hydro-informatics|
Student Societies @ NIT Agartala :
The group "TECH ADDICTS", a group of 1st year technology addicted students, spreads technical skills and management among new students. A website www.techaddicts.thinkstudy.in was prepared & launched by the group.
There are many other inactive clubs such as science club, enlightenment club, electronics club, robotics club, photography club, Art club, Linux Users Group and more.
College Campus :
- The institute is located in 335 acres of green campus one of the largest amongst the NIT’s.
- Being a comparatively new NIT, constructions are going on all around the campus.
- The entire campus is high speed wi-fi enabled.
- There are lot of shops and restaurants inside the campus.
- The playground is large and green with the flood light facilities available.
- There is a hospital inside the campus. There is a ambulance facility for emergency cases inside the campus.
- An extensive landscape of nearly 500 acres of lush natural beauty cushioned in pristine serenity.
- Upcoming huge sports and swimming complex inside the campus with modern training infrastructure to give shape to the athletic aspirations.
- IN-campus banking /ATM facilities and post office
- Auditorium is there inside the campus for important occasions and cultural functions.
- The institute has six hostels for male students & two for female students.
Festivals / College Events :
The annual tech-fest, Aayam and cultural festival, Moksha, are being arranged once in a year by the third year undergraduate students.
Moksha – It is the National level Cultural festival of NIT Agartala. It’s one of the most reputed cultural festival in North - East Region. It is a three day extravaganza surrounding events in a range of categories. The cultural festival is usually held for two to three days.
Campus Placements :
National Institute of Technology, Agartala
Former Tripura Engineering College
Jirania – 799 055
Tel : +91 0381 2346630 / +91 0381 2346629
Fax : +91 0381-2348512 / 0381-2346360
National Institute of Technology, Agartala Website: www.nitagartala.in
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion / Review :