Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Matunga, Mumbai
Year of Establishment :
VJTI College of Engineering was established at Byculla by Dinshaw Manockjee Petit Trust in 1887. The current management is being run by Wadia’s.
VJTI was popular as Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute. In 1913, the Institute was acknowledged as a Central Technical Institute. Since 1923, the Institute is located at its present premises at Matunga, Mumbai.
Prior to 1960 Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute was the only organization offering Degree Engineering and Post Graduate course under the University of Bombay and enjoyed de facto autonomy. Today, it houses more than 3500 students pursuing their B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D. degrees, diverse diplomas, and post-graduate diplomas.
College Grade / Ranking :
→ VJTI was ranked 22 by the India Today Best Engineering colleges 2012.
→ VJTI was ranked sixth in India, among private engineering colleges, in an Outlook Magazine survey in 2009.
→ VJTI was ranked seventh in India, among private engineering colleges, in a Mint C-Fore survey in 2008.
→ VJTI was ranked ninth in the country, among all engineering colleges, in an India Today survey in 1999.
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), is centrally placed & very well linkedby both rail and road. You can reach VJTI by following ways -
→ Harbour Railway Line - Wadala Station & King Circle Station ( Walking distance from both these stations )
→ Central Railway Line – Matunga Station ( 10 minutes walk )
→ Western Railway Line - Dadar Station ( 15-20 minutes walk )
→ BEST Routes plying to VJTI - 5, 6L, 7Ltd, 8L, 11Ltd, 15, 21, 22L, 24, 29, 43, 45, 64, 65, 66, 67, 76, 88, 90L, 92Ltd, 93Ltd, 110, 151, 161, 169, 171, 172, 312, 314, 315, 353, 411, 504L, 506L, 521Ltd.
VJTI has always been known to attract toppers not only from Mumbai & Maharashtra but from other states also.
1) Undergraduate Admissions – ( Bachelor of Engineering - B.E. ) :
VJTI admits students for undergraduate programs based on their scores in the MH-CET (Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test).
2) Postgraduate Admissions - ( Master of Technology – M.Tech ) :
Admissions for postgraduate programs are through GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) or sponsorship.
3) MCA Admissions
Master of Computer Application admissions are based on the scores in the MAH-MCA-CET ( Maharashtra State MCA Common Entrance Test ).
4) Diploma Admissions
Diploma admissions are based on percentage marks obtained at matriculation / 10th Standard.
Courses / Departments : ( B.E. )
|Branch||Course||Intake||Course Start Year|
|EXTC||Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering||60||2010|
Student Societies @ VJTI :
1) Society of Robotics and Automation (SRA) - The Society of Robotics and Automation was founded in 2008 under the Mechanical Engineering department. Senior student members of the society train and assist students to undertake projects, participate in competitions, and undertake industrial and research projects.
2) Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), VJTI Chapter - The Society of Automotive Engineers, VJTI Chapter is the youngest society in the Institute, under the Mechanical Engineering department. It intends to put automobile enthusiasts together for taking part in various national and international competitions.
3) Association of Computer Enthusiasts (ACE) - The Association of Computer Enthusiasts is a student body under the Computer Science Department at VJTI.
College Campus :
VJTI covers sixteen acres, a vast campus at a main location at Matunga.
The present structure consists of a central administrative building around which buildings for housing the departments have been constructed. The central building consists of the main administrative offices, the library and the auditorium. The dome of the building remains the most distinctive feature of the campus.
Lots of open space, a cricket and a football ground, tennis courts and basketball court are available for spare time activities. The buildings are old & the classrooms and the labs are non-AC.
The Mechanical and Production Engineering departments are in a separate building at the north end of the campus. The Technical and Applied Chemistry department is also near that end.
Hostel facilities exist for about 550 students. The hostel mess, Gymkhana and Saraswati Vachanalaya are managed by student committees.
College Fees :
For Degree Engineering ( B.E. ) Course Fees is :
→ Rs. 27,000 per year for general category
→ Rs. 18,000 per year for reserved category
1) V J. News is the official VJTI newsletter, published four times every academic year.
2) NIRMAAN is the yearly college magazine of VJTI. Nirmaan'12 will be the 29th edition of the magazine Nirmaan is the common VJTIian's voice. It is the most distributed Literature of the college. Nirmaan, published annually and circulated usually among all its students, professors, alumni.
Festivals / College Events :
1) ' Technovanza ' – 3 day national level Annual Technical festival of VJTI
2) ' Pratibimb ' – 3 day national level annualcultural festival of vjti .
3) ' Enthusia ' - Sports festival of VJTI
4) ' Chetna ' - College Hostel Festival
5) ' Janeev ' – Service to Society
The office of the Training and Placement Officer is housed in the Mechanical Department building.
More than a hundred companies visit the Institute every year for campus interviewing and selection.
In many cases, the students are selected and offered jobs even prior to they appear for the final year examinations.
→ Minimum Salary Package : 3 lac per year
→ Average Salary Package : 6 - 8 lac per year
→ Maximum Salary Package : 20 - 25 lac per year
The close relationship developed by the institute with various industries has helped the students in securing lucrative employment.
List of companies who visit VJTI campus for graduate campus placement.
IBM Ltd, Accenture , Oracle , Google , Yahoo , Reliance , TCS , Infosys , Wipro , Godrej, Siemens, Samsung.
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI)
H R Mahajani Marg,
Mumbai – 400 019.
Tel : +91 022 2419 8101 ; +91 022 2414 6972 ; +91 022 2414 6973 ;
+91 022 2414 6974 ; +91 022 2414 6975 ; +91 022 2414 6976
Fax : +91 022 2415 2874
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute Website : www.vjti.ac.in
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
College Office Timings : Monday – Friday : 9a.m. – 5p.m.
Opinion / Review :
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), is the number one and obvious choice for an engineering aspirant student after IIT & NIT in Mumbai. The authenticity in the name, of this college, itself shows the certainity for the brilliant future of the bright students.