SNDT Women’s University's Usha Mittal Institute of Technology
( UMIT ), Santacruz West, Mumbai
Yea r of Establishment :
SNDT Women’s Universityestablished Usha Mittal Institute of Technology, a degree Engineering College in the academic year 1997. It is the one & only engineering college in Mumbai only for girls students. Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic ( Women’s ), SNDT, Mumbai.
It was formerly known as the Institute of Technology for Women ( ITW ). The college is directly managed by the SNDT Women's University and is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
After a generous donation from the Lakshmi Niwas Mittal Foundation, the institute was renamed Usha Mittal Institute of Technology.
College Grade / Ranking :
Special Features of University :
- First university in Maharashtra to be credited with five star status by NAAC for academic excellence.
- The First women’s university in India and south east Asia.
- Selected by UGC for export of higher education.
It is located at Santacruz on a beautiful 7 acre campus.
The Important landmark around the college include famous Juhu Beach at just 5 minutes.
→ Western Railway Line – Santacruz Station ( 12 minutes by auto from Santacruz station. )
Usha Mittal Institute of Technology has no admission seats reserved for any Community. The admission process for seats are through CAP Rounds based on MH – CET Score.
1) Undergraduate Admissions – ( Bachelor of Engineering - B.E. ) :
Usha Mittal Institute of Technology, a Degree Engineering College admits students for undergraduate programs based on their scores in the MH-CET ( Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test ).
Courses / Departments :
|Branch||Course||Intake||Course Start Year|
|EXTC||Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering||60||1997|
|CST||Computer Science & Technology||60||1997|
Student Societies @ SNDT :
The institute has various student bodies such as Students Council, IEEE student's chapter, CSI, ACM, E-cell etc. Some of these chapters are linked to their parent international organizations which provide an international exposure to the students. They team up to organize various events & festivals round the year.
College Campus :
Excellent hostel facility is available for outstation students on the merit basis. The hostel building is present in the campus itself. Mess facility is available for the hostelites.
College Fees :
Rs. 1,00,000 per year.
CSI – UMIT publishes its magazine “Paradigm” and bi-monthly “Tecnovation”
Spread over two floors the library has books on every possible topic like engineering, on management, technology and thesis support for PhDs. All popular books from diverse publication houses are available for all the branches and all years of B.Tech.
Specially for B.Tech students a new library has been set up which is funded by Savitaben Bhogilal Shah Trust & now maintained by students themselves.
The new library is categorized into Central Library , Multimedia Library , Digital Library , & Institute Library.
Festivals / College Events :
1) ‘ Rezonance ‘ - It is the popular technical festival. IEEE and the CSI chapters team up to create a mega event.
2) ‘ Abhivyakti ‘ - Intercollegiate festivalorganized by student societies like CSI & IEEE.
3) ‘ THE TECHTORNADO ‘ - The UMIT-ACM chapter organizes The national level Technical conference cum festival.
It is held in the last weekend of February.
4) ‘ Arcane illusions ‘ - is two days cultural festival celebrated every year in the month of Feb-march. Arcane-I is highlighted with famous celebrities, renowned actors & actresses. Students from other engineering colleges participate.
5) ‘ Vigour ‘ - It is the Annual Intercollegiate Sports Festival organized by the Student Council, held in the month of October. Most awaited event of the year as it gives the students a chance to explore their potentials on the grounds.
Campus Placements :
Avg. Salary Rs 3 lakh per year.
SNDT Women's University,
Sir Vitthaldas Vidyavihar,
Mumbai – 400 049
Tel No : +91 022 2660 6040, 2660 5183
Fax : +91 022 2660 6040
Website : www.umit.ac.in
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Opinion / Review :