Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Matunga , Mumbai ( Formerly UDCT / MUICT )
Year of Establishment :
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) was founded in 1933 before the Independence as a University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT) affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), is a chemical engineering research institute focused on training and research in various branches of chemical engineering, chemical technology, and pharmacy. It is the only state funded deemed university in India.
Mumbai University granted the autonomous status on the UDCT in 1994, UDCT was renamed as the Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology on 26 January 2002.
On September 2008, it was conferred the deemed university status and renamed as the Institute of Chemical Technology.
College Grade / Ranking :
Grade from Maharashtra Government.
The Department of Chemical Engineering at ICT is the number one Chemical Engineering Department in the Country by all the standards : teaching, research and industrial relationship.
It is among top 10 departments in the world.
In terms of productivity as measured by papers per faculty per dollar spent, it is number one in the world.
ICT was ranked 11 in the Mint Top 50 Government Engineering Colleges of 2009
Institute of Chemical Technology is centrally located & very well connectedby both rail and road.
Ways to reach ICT :
→ Harbour Railway Line - Wadala Station & King Circle Station ( Walking Distance from both these stations. )
→ Central Railway Line – Matunga Station ( 10 mins. Of walking distance. )
→ Western Railway Line - Dadar Station ( 12-15 minutes walk from Dadar )
→ BEST Routes plying to ICT - 5, 6L, 7Ltd, 8L, 11Ltd, 15, 21, 22L, 24, 29, 43, 45, 64, 65, 66, 67, 76, 88, 90L, 92Ltd, 93Ltd, 110, 151, 161, 169, 171, 172, 312, 314, 315, 353, 411, 504L, 506L, 521Ltd.
Institute of Chemical Technologyhas no admission seats reserved for any Community. The admission process for seats are through CAP Rounds based on MH – CET Score OR AIEEE Score.
1) Undergraduate Admissions - (Bachelor of Technology– B.Tech. ) :
Institute of Chemical TechnologyEngineering College admits students for undergraduate programs based on their scores in the MH-CET ( Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test ) OR AIEEE Score.
Courses / Departments :
|Branch / Course||Intake|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||30|
Student Societies @ ICT:
College Campus :
ICT is spread over 16 acres. The lush green gardens of the ICT have bagged several prizes at the City level.
Other buildings, 3 boys hostels, 2 girls hostels, faculty and staff apartments are located behind the main building.
College Fees :
Rs. 27,000 per year.
1) ‘ The Spirit ‘ - is the official bimonthly cultural magazine cum newsletter of ICT. There are normally 5-6 issues a year. The newsletter highlights the achievements of current students and alumni, has news and information about institute and is also a platform for current students to showcase their art and literary skills.
The first issue was released in October 2006.
2) ‘ Bombay Technologist ‘ - The Bombay Technologist is the annual technical journal of the Technological Association. The Best PG student in the Institute is given the ‘Bombay Technologist Best Post-Graduate Student’ award. & ‘Bombay Technologist Creativity Award.
‘ The Professor M.M. Sharma Library ‘ It attracts a variety of readers, students, scientists, P.hd holders, scholars, technologists and industrialists. The library has a specialized collection in the field of chemistry and possesses some of the rarest reports and books.
It has 38200 books, 25290 journals and 10000 standards and subscribes 120 international and 25 national journals. In addition there are 5000 thesis, 925 reports, 16000 microfilms and 30 CD-ROMs. It has MOU with BONET for participating in exchange program devised by MISSAT, DST, New Delhi.
Festivals / College Events :
1) ‘ Exergy ‘ - the technical festival mainly for Chemical Engineering field.
Over the last one decade Exergy has evolved to one of the country's biggest technical festivals. Exergy 2012 saw participants coming in from more than 65 cities and 120 colleges across India.
2) ‘ Manzar ’ - is the annual cultural festival of ICT, which begun in 2007 and has grown over the years to become a famous cultural festival of Mumbai.
3) ‘ Texpression ‘ - Division of Fibers and Textiles Processing, annually holds Texpression, a cultural festival.
4) ‘ Sportsaga ‘ - is the ICT's annual inter-college sports festival. It began in 2006 and has continued on since.
Campus Placements :
Institute of Chemical Technology ( ICT )
Nathalal Parekh Marg,
Mumbai - 400 019
Tel No : +91 022 3361 1111, 3361 2222
Fax : +91 022 3361 1020
Website : www.ictmumbai.edu.in
Opinion / Review :